Welcome to the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission
The Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission is responsible for:
- License motor vehicle dealers, salespersons, manufacturers, distributors, and their representatives pursuant to KRS Chapter 190.
- Provide consumer protection by investigating complaints against dealerships.
- Issue administrative citations to dealers who fail to comply with the laws governing motor vehicle sales.
Current Commission Members:
- Ray Cottrell, Sr., Chairman
- Doug Dotson, Vice Chairman
- Kenneth Blanton
- Chuck Coldiron
- Larry Craig
- Sven Ekman
- Del Farmer
- Bill Kuster
- Debbie Robke
- Jo Shoop
- Ron Jackson
- Rodney Kuhl, Commissioner, Department of Vehicle Regulation
Important Online Resources
Dealer Handbook [PDF - 324KB]
Temporary Tag Log [PDF - 19KB]
KY Motor Vehicle Dealer or Manufacturer Temporary Employee Transportation Permit for Dealer Plate Usage [PDF - 18KB]
Motor Vehicle or Manufacturer's Dealer Plate Usage Authorization Register [PDF - 35KB]
To file a complaint against a dealer related to the purchase of a motor vehicle, use the Vehicle Complaint Form. [PDF - 145K]
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the information below.
Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission
Carlos Cassady, Executive Director
105 Sea Hero Road, Suite 1
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 573-1000 - Office
(502) 573-1003 - Fax